Saturday, July 30, 2011

Angelina Jolie: Making Fewer Films As I Get Older

There should, by all rational expectations of human energy and understanding of the contraints of time, be three Angelina Jolies: one to act and direct, one to raise six children, and one to help save the world. Instead, of course, there is just one superhuman Jolie, and that being the case, a long vacation may be in order.

The 36-year old Oscar winner, who just wrapped up post-production on her directorial debut and is getting ready to star in the big-budget remake of the Elizabeth Taylor bomb, "Cleopatra," spoke with the Financial Times about the crazy life that she and partner Brad Pitt lead, detailing her approach to balancing raising an international brood of children and keeping an A-List, creatively fulfilling career going.

"You're drawn to certain roles because they question something about life, or about love, or about freedom. You ask these questions as you grow up: am I strong enough, am I sane enough? Do I understand love, do I understand myself?" she asks rhetorically. "I'm older and I know who I am ... and I'm less interested in the character helping me answer something ... than in being able to answer it for myself, as a woman, as an adult, with my family."


Read More...
More on Brad Pitt





target=_blank>http://chilp.it/1f1c7f

No comments:

Post a Comment